As of lately we have been seeing lots of Korean inspired make up in Singapore – simple eye line (perhaps mascara too) and a bright lip. However, this is what’s trending in Korea in the past few months!
It’s none other than Hangover Makeup (Igari Makeup or aka 숙취화장). It is called Igari makeup because this was made popular by Igari Shinobu, a makeup artist for fashion models and actresses in Japan.
This look is simple, gives an innocent and young impression and is suitable for your everyday look. Its main emphasis is strong cheek and lip colours.
If you have noticed, 3CE has used this look in a lot of their makeup model shots. Have you spotted it anywhere else?
Well, the hangover makeup look has been around for quite some time but the trend is coming back this year. We secretly think it is because this look has been spotted in the K-Pop scene.
Let’s follow and get our own hangover look!
1. Pat on a matt pink shadow all over your lids
2. Do not forget to connect and brush it underneath your eyes over your agyeo-sal
3. Give your eyes some depth by contouring with a dark brown shade
4. Now line your eyes, forget the wink and do the innocent looking puppy eye with drooping eye line
5. Apply cream blusher under your eyes
6. Gently tap to transfer to the bridge of your nose for that flushed look
7. Finish with a powder blush to set the cream cheek colour
8. Finally finish everything with your favourite lip colour. Yenny used a pinkish coral lippie here to match her coral cheek colour
If you liked this look don’t forget to check out these beauty YouTubers for more inspiration!
Calary Girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW_OIY7b04w
Article by: Xiaowei @ KAvenyou