Oh my my my! Oh my my my! BTS is back with “Map of the Soul: Persona”, and their fanbase ARMY are already showing their love and support as they took over Twitter’s worldwide trending topics. But that was just the start. Within 24 hours since the release of their brand-new album, where they also unveiled their colourful and retro MV for lead single “Boy with Luv” featuring Halsey, BTS has once again broken more records and we are not surprised at all.
“Boy with Luv” MV breaking major records for BTS
Here are the records they have broken so far:
- BTS’ ‘Map of the Soul: Persona’ became the fastest-selling album in Hanteo chart history. (Pst, it’s over 1.4 million copies sold!!!)
- The MV hit 10 million views at 8:52pm KST on the 12thApril, just approximately 2 hours and 52 minutes after its release. The shortest time for any K-Pop artist. Ever.
- First Asian Act to surpass 5 BILLION streams on Spotify on the day of its release on 12thApril.
- The MV achieved over 4.82 million likes on the 12thApril, just approximately 6 hours and 3 minutes after its release, breaking the record for the BIGGEST video likes debut in YouTube history.
- The MV hit 40 million views at 4:08am KST on the 13thApril, just approximately 10 hours and 8 minutes after its release.
- The MV hit 70 million views at 3:15pm KST on the 13thApril, just approximately 21 hours and 15 minutes after its release, surpassing the previous record for boy groups which was 2 days and 2 hours for their previous release “IDOL”, AND surpassing the previous record for overall which was 1 day, 13 hours and 30 minutes by BLACKPINK’s “Kill This Love”.
We can only expect this to be just the start, as ARMY are continuously working hard to show their support for their boys. And there’s no doubt to that since there are so many reasons to love their MV – the boys’ friendship with Halsey, the lyrics relating to the members’ recent tweets on their curiosity on ARMY, the message of the song and the overall fashion styles of the boys!
We can totally relate to ARMY who are touched by the message of the songs.
Especially since recently, an ARMY revealed that the umbrella RM had in the MV was a custom gift she gave to RM!
The reason I gave this umbrella to Namjoon is that his performance of ‘Umbrella’ on ‘Duet Festival’ was truly impressive. In March 2018, I prepared the gift in celebration of the 3rd anniversary of his first mixtape, and the year of the dog. It was gifted with the meaning of becoming an umbrella that protects from the rain.@MoNiJunNi
Look forward to more great performances from the boys with luv.
Article by Vanessa @ KAvenyou