tvN’s “Hotel Del Luna” took No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the second consecutive week, since its television debut. The new show has continued to maintain its top ranking on the list due to a ending kiss scene by lead actors IU and Yeon Jin Goo and cameo appearances by stars such as Lee Joon Gi and Lee Si Yeon. IU and Yeo Jin Goo also ranked No. 1 and No. 2 on the list of buzzworthy actors, respectively.
Hungry Ghost Festival seemed to have come early this year, with hours of sweet horror from the highly raved K-drama Hotel Del Luna on Viu premium, 4 hours after its broadcast in Korea! Written by the Hong Sisters, who are kown for their various hits series such as The Master’s Sun, Hotel Del Luna tells the tale of an elite hotelier Goo Chan Sung (Yeo Jin Goo) and his materialistic CEO Jang Man Wol (IU) as they manage the hotel and its paranormal guests. With IU’s mysterious aura lighting up teasers, this is one drama you wouldn’t want to miss!
If the fantasy genre is not your cup of tea, then delve deep into the controversies of euthanasia and moral boundaries with Doctor John, an adaptation of the Japanese novel “The Hand of God”. Helmed by the director of major K-drama hits such as Thirty but Seventeen, Pinocchio and I Hear Your Voice, Doctor John tells the tale of patients’ growth and battle against death through the perspective of the talented but proud anaesthesiologist, Cha Yo Han (Ji Sung) and the warm-hearted Doctor Kang Shi Young (Lee Se Young).
Top 10 TV dramas this week:
- tvN “Hotel Del Luna” – 26.4 percent
- tvN “Search: WWW” – 13.23 percent
- MBC “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” – 9 percent
- SBS “Doctor John” – 6.45 percent
- tvN “Designated Survivor: 60 Days” – 4.67 percent
- KBS “Justice” – 4.27 percent
- MBC “Golden Garden” – 3.87 percent
- OCN “Mr. Temporary” – 3.83 percent
- SBS “Doctor Detective” – 3.29 percent
- OCN “Watcher” – 3.1 percent
Top 10 drama actors this week:
- IU (“Hotel Del Luna”)
- Yeo Jin Goo (“Hotel Del Luna”)
- Lee Da Hee (“Search: WWW”)
- Cha Eun Woo (“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung”)
- Shin Se Kyung (“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung”)
- Im Soo Jung (“Search: WWW”)
- Ji Sung (“Doctor John”)
- Lee Jae Wook (“Search: WWW”)
- Jang Ki Yong (“Search: WWW”)
- Lee Se Young (“Doctor John”)
But for the best news just yet – Viu Premium subscribers can now enjoy their favourite Asian dramas and variety shows, as well as kids’ content in full HD on not only Samsung Smart TV, but also on LG and Apple TV*! Users simply need to download the Viu app on the Smart TV app store to launch the app. This means you can catch IU’s spooky new demeanour in Hotel Del Luna (on VIU Premium) in crystal-clear definition in the comfort of your home.