Haengbok Cakeyo, a wordplay on the Korean term for happiness (행복해요), is a new Korean concept dessert boutique by Nanatang, which is known for their fatcarons (and of course, it’s also available here!) Inspired by Korea’s latest dessert culture, all sweets created are made fresh in this boutique, located in the heart of Kampong Bahru district right here in Singapore.
The quaint takeaway concept boutique also hosts baking classes & workshops on the second level. With the extensive range of flavours available for their fatcarons, cakes and other sweets, we were spoilt for choice when deciding on the flavours to choose – Haengbok Cakeyo will be the best choice if you’re having a party or picnic with a couple of other people, so you can just select every flavour and try everything! (We heard that the orh nee fatfatcaron flavour is pioneered by Nanatang in Singapore and it’s one of their most popular flavours, a pity which we didn’t get to try because they already ran out when we were there)
For the launch month of May, the following desserts are available in stores:
- K-style Fatfatcarons ($5.80 each / $19.80 for 4 pcs)
- Flavours available: double citron / blueberry / orh nee / matcha strawberry / oreo cheesecake / ondeh ondeh
- K-style Fatcarons ($3 each / $15.80 for 6 pcs)
- Flavours available: chocolate / vanilla bean / mango / speculoos / pistachio / raspberry
- Chubby Cookies ($5.80 each / $14.80 for 3 pcs)
- Flavours available: choco chips / pandan gula melaka / red velvet / double chocolate
- Mini Chiffon Cake ($9.80 each)
- Flavours available: chocolate / yuzu / hojicha
- Shortcake Slice ($6.80 each)
- Flavours available: strawberry / mango / mixed fruits
- Classic Fudgy Brownie ($6.80 each)
- Flavours available: chocolate
Do take note that popular flavours may run out so do head down early, or alternatively, you can also make your orders online and opt for either self collection in-store or delivery at checkout.
For the first two weeks of Haengbok Cakeyo’s opening, as part of #ProjectHappiness, 50% of all proceeds will go towards donating to the following charities:
1) Care Corner Senior Services
2) Friends of the Disabled Society
4) Love Nils
So why not take the opportunity to enjoy delicious desserts, while doing good at the same time?
Address: 41 Kampong Bahru Road, Singapore 169358
Opening Hours: Thursdays – Mondays (closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays), 11AM – 7PM
Haengbok Cakeyo is located on the same stretch as many popular and upcoming cafe establishments in Kampong Bahru, such as Strangers Reunion, Kream & Kensho, @3, Dolc Patisserie and threepointtwo.