Korean noodles (Korean Ramen) form a big part of Koreans’ diet and in Korean supermarkets, shelves of different variety of korean noodles (korean ramen) will give you a hard time trying to choose from them. Besides having your ramen in a Korean all-time favourite way (adding a slice of cheese to your noodles!), some innovative Koreans have also come up with ingenious ways to enjoy a simple packet of korean ramen.
1) Ramyeon Cream Pasta (Credits)
Adding milk to instant noodles sounds crazy but the outcome of this recipe looks so appetizing! Impress your significant other or your friends with this recipe that instantly transforms instant food to a visually appealing restaurant grade dish!
Ingredients: 1 pack of korean noodles (ramyeon), 2 button mushrooms, 1 sausage, milk 300g, 1 slice of cheese, onions 50g, 1 teaspoon of red pepper powder, 1 garlic, 1/2 piece(s) of chili pepper, shallots 10cm, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese powder (optional)
- Slice the onions, button mushrooms, sausage, garlic, chili pepper into smaller pieces.
- Boil the ramyeon noodles halfway.
- Add oil to a heated frying pan and stir fry the garlic first.
- Once the garlic’s flavour comes out, add sausage, button mushrooms, onions and stir fry lightly.
- Add milk and sliced cheese to the frying pan and let it boil.
- Once the milk has boiled, add ramyeon noodles, red pepper powder, chilli pepper and evenly stir the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add Parmesan cheese if you want.
2) Ramyeon Pizza (Credits)
Lazy to call for a pizza delivery or have too much korean noodles (ramen noodles) to finish? Try to DIY your own pizza – you can add only toppings you eat and you don’t even need a big oven for it!
Ingredients: 2 packs of korean noodles (ramen noodles), 2 slices of cheese, mozzarella cheese (or any pizza cheese), 4 olives, small slices of paprika, 1/4 onion, 6 pieces of sliced ham, 2 eggs, tomato sauce
- Boil the ramyeon noodles in a pan.
- Drain the water away after the noodles have been boiled, and add olives and eggs, stirring the egg mixture evenly with the noodles.
- Add tomato sauce on top of the noodles, then add the rest of the toppings on top and lastly add the cheese.
- Cover the lid and cook for around 15 minutes and then cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
3) Cheese ramyeon snack (Credits)
This snack reminds me of the Mamee noodle snack I enjoyed having during my childhood. Koreans enjoy this DIY snack with beer at home while watching TV. There are many variations of this recipe online, and this one is using the popular bulddak ramyeon, or the fire noodles.
Ingredients: 1 pack of ramyeon noodles, bulddak sauce (the sauce that comes with the fire noodles – but I guess you can skip it if you can’t take spicy food, or replace with other ramyeon sauce packet), stock ingredients packet in a packet of ramyeon, grated cheese [or essentially 1 packet of (fire) ramyeon and grated cheese]
- Break the ramyeon noodles into small bite size pieces into a microwavable bowl.
- Add the ramyeon sauce moderately over the noodles.
- Add the cheese flakes on top.
- Put the bowl into the microwave and microwave until the cheese melts.
- Finally, sprinkle the packet of stock ingredients moderately over the noodles.
Which one do you want to try? Personally, ramyeon cream pasta looks the best to me – but I’m not sure if I can nail the recipe!
Article by: Zhen @ KAvenyou.com