OPPO Singapore, confident in its product quality, doubles its smartphone product warranty to 24 months. The warranty extension will take effect from 1 June 2015.
This bold initiative challenges industry norms, and will see OPPO stand out from market competitors. Their consumers will enjoy a 24-month warranty, extended from 12 months. OPPO is the first and only brand locally to offer double the warranty periods of other leading smartphone brands such as Apple, Samsung, and Sony.
OPPO’s design and build quality confidence is a result of the brand’s stringent quality testing. The durability tests for the N3’s swivel camera involve 100,000 rotations, or up to seven years of regular use, and both the R5 and N3 smartphones are subjected to drop tests from twice the height of standard tests.
Said Sean Deng, Managing Director of OPPO Singapore, “At OPPO, we take pride in giving the best to our consumers. This obsession to deliver only high quality innovative products and after-care services is the foundation of our brand. The warranty extension is another testament to that obsession.”
In addition to the overall warranty for smartphones, the one-for-one phone exchange period for consumer has also been extended. Compared to the seven days industry norm, OPPO’s new warranty will allow consumers up to 30 days to perform one-for-one exchanges.
The one-for-one exchange is valid for OPPO smartphones that suffer from hardware malfunction due to manufacturing defects, and the applicable warranty period will be based on the phone’s original date of purchase.
The exchange does not cover hardware failure caused by physical damage such as water damage, deliberate damage to the device’s structure, damage caused by the use of non-OPPO accessories, cosmetic damage, external accidents or fires. Network, software system or ROM malfunctions, accessories-related damage, and loss or damage of stored personal data are also not covered by the exchange policy.
However, OPPO is also offering a one-time free-of-charge repair service for phones that have incurred accidental damage within the first year of the phone’s purchase, which is also a service currently exclusive to OPPO. Similar terms and conditions also apply to the repair service, which exclude, among other factors, the free replacement of parts for surface coatings designed to diminish over time, or cosmetic damage due to normal aging of the product.
The new warranty policy only applies to OPPO’s new range of products purchased from 1 June 2015.
OPPO smartphones are available at the OPPO Concept Store in Suntec City Mall, Singtel and M1 outlets, and other authorized retailers islandwide. Consumers can head over to the OPPO Concept Store for all matters pertaining to phone repairs and customer service enquiries.
30 Day One-to-One (1 to 1) Exchange Policy
You are entitled to a one-for-one exchange of the OPPO smartphone product for any manufacturing defect relating to a hardware malfunction within the first 30 days of purchase. Please note that the replacement of the product may result in loss of data. The applicable warranty period for the replaced product will be based of the date of the original purchase.
Exclusions to 30-day One-for-One Exchange policy:
- Hardware failure caused by physical damage including but not limited to:
a. Accidental damage leading to liquid ingression, dampness, corrosion
b. Abusive use leading to mobile damage, crash and distortion to physical structure of the device
c. External factors such as earthquake, fire, major catastrophes and accidents.
d. Damage caused by use with another product or accessories.
e. Cosmetic damage including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports.
- Software system, ROM (including 3rd party) and Network issues
- Accessories including batteries, headphones, USB cable and adapters.
- Loss or damage of personal data stored in the device.
24 Months (2 Years) Warranty
Enjoy 24 months worry free warranty when you purchase an OPPO Smartphone.
Includes a one-time free of charge repair for ANY damage caused by accidental or external causes within the first 12 months only.
OPPO and its appointed authorized service provider will make the final assessment of cause of damage.
Exclusions to the 24 Months Warranty:
- Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports;
- Damage caused by use with another product or accessories.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- Damage caused by operating the OPPO Product outside OPPO published guidelines;
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of OPPO or an OPPO Authorized Service Provider;
- OPPO Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of OPPO;
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the OPPO Product, or
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the OPPO Product.
- Software, ROM (including 3rd party) and Network issues
- Damage to accessories including headphones, USB cable and adapters.
- Loss or damage of personal data stored in the device.
- OPPO products: Joy, Neo, and OPPO products purchased before 1 June 2015.
KAvenyou: Singapore to Korea – Music, Wanderlust, Foodie, Lifestyle.
Share this great piece with your friends below, or check out some of the special DEALS that we have curated for you HERE.
Interact with like-minded friends on our social media accounts: