I’ve always wondered how Korean girls styled their bangs/fringe because most girls have bangs/fringe that fall naturally and perfectly in front of their foreheads. After observing a friend work on her fringe (even on a backpacking trip) and several Youtube videos, I realised this beautiful “natural” korean hairstyle comes from time and effort every day.
Want korean hairstyle (specifically bangs) like these idols and ulzzangs? Try this.
Items you need:
- Round Comb Brush or Rat tail combs (any brush or comb you are comfortable working with)
- Plastic Hair Roller
- Hair Dryer
- Round Comb Brush or Rat tail combs
Korean Hairstyle Bangs – Using a Electric Curler/Straightener
With the tools ready, now let’s proceed to achieving the korean hairstyle (or at least the bangs/fringe) we so desired.
1. Section fringe into three parts and curl the middle section of your bangs.
2. Curl sides section of your bangs outwards.
Korean Hairstyle Bangs – Using a plastic hair roller and hair dryer
1. Section hair into three parts. Using a smaller hair roller curl the middle section for more volume.
2. With a slightly larger hair roller, curl the side sections of your bangs outwards.
3. Using a dryer to provide heat to top and bottom of rollers for 5 seconds. Remove rollers and tadah!
Of course most of the time for convenience, girls will use mini curlers or straighteners (unless you are into hair roller fashion like Hani from EXID).
We are not sure when stores have started the sale of these super cute mini hair tools but these tools can be mostly found in stores like Olive Young or Art Box in Korea with prices ranging from 12,000 to 30,000 won.
If you are looking for them, you can try getting them from Gmarket Global or at Qoo10! If all else fails, hit a Korean hair salon near you and get some professional help in achieving that korean hairstyle of choice.
Article by: Xiaowei @ KAvenyou
KAvenyou: Singapore to Korea – Music, Wanderlust, Foodie, Lifestyle.
Share this great piece with your friends below, or check out some of the special DEALS that we have curated for you HERE.
Interact with like-minded friends on our social media accounts: