Action-packed Korean theatre comedy, JUMP is currently in Singapore and KAvenyou had the opportunity to interview Cara Han, the producer of JUMP, to find out more about this wacky comedy show.
1) After performing in more than 87 countries, how does it feel for JUMP to return to Singapore to perform their 30,000th show here?
We love the Singapore audience. They are very welcoming and we have established a good relationship between Korea and Singapore. They seem to enjoy our version of comedy and are more understanding towards our culture.
2) JUMP previously performed in Singapore back in 2009 – 8 years ago! What can the audience expect this time round?
They can definitely expect that our production is much stronger. Not only has the quality improved, our cast has better defined their skill set. This time round, our entertainment will be more enjoyable than before.
3) As there are quite a number of non-verbal theatre comedy in Korea, what makes JUMP stand out from the rest?
Even when we performed in front of a more Westernised audience, such as in London, they understood the storyline through our strong sense of comedy. They were able to enjoy our show because the humour was refreshing, even when it came from a Korean culture.
4) As the show involves martial arts and acrobatics, was the preparation process for the shows tough and what were the difficulties encountered?
Being talented is a definite must for our production. It is challenging because the actor needs not only to have natural flair for the arts, but also be physically capable of performing such intense moves. If an actor was to become injured, it takes a toll on the rest of the performers and the show itself. We have a strong coaching team that is fully concentrated on the welfare of our performers.
5) Lastly, do you have anything to tell our Singaporean followers who are interested in theatre shows such as JUMP?
Do bring your friends and family to discover what JUMP has to offer. Our slapstick comedy and non-verbal show brings a unique twist that makes JUMP worth watching.
KAvenyou also got the opportunity to catch the first live stage of JUMP on the opening night of 6 October, and along with the hilarious storyline and ass-kicking moves that left the audience (including us of course!) in awe, we definitely enjoyed the show.
With only 3 shows left, do not miss the chance to catch JUMP live this time round in Singapore!
Show Name: JUMP
Dates: October 7 – 8, 2017 (Sat – Sun)
Show Times: Oct 7 – 2pm & 8pm; Oct 8 – 2pm
Venue: Resorts World Theatre, Resorts World Sentosa
Ticket Prices (exclude SISTIC booking fee): Category 1 (Premium-VIP) – S$128
Category 2 – S$108
Category 3 – S$88
Category 4 – S$68
Category 5 – S$38 (restricted view)
Tickets are available for purchase from all SISTIC ticketing outlets and online via sistic.com.sg.
Discounts & Promotions:
- Family Bundle: 4th ticket free with every three tickets purchased, valid for Cat 2 to Cat 4 tickets only.
- PAssion Card holders entitled to 15% off Cat 2 to Cat 4 tickets
- MasterCard holders entitled to 10% off Cat 2 to Cat 4 tickets
Korean non-verbal theatre comedy JUMP is brought to you by Red Spade Entertainment.