With over 300 movies and 225 000 visitors, it has become the main reference for Asian cinema, and movies who do well at the BIFF are also likely to do well on an international scale. With judges and participants coming from all around the world, as well as a huge market for asian films, this festival reflects the taste and expectations of the world.
So who are the winners of the BIFF awards this year?
– New Currents Award : End of Winter / KIM Daehwan (Korea)
– BIFF Mecenat Award : The Storm Makers / Guillaume SUON (Cambodia) for international movie
Collapse / MUN Jeonghyun for Korean movie
– Sonje Award : Stairway / Matt WU (Taiwan)
The Night / CHOI Kiyun (Korea)
– Actor & Actress of the Year Award : CHOI Woo-shik (Korea) & CHO Soohyang
– Daemyung Culture Wave Award : The Liar / KIM Dong-myung (Korea)
– FIPRESCI (Fédération Internationale de la Presse Cinématographique) Award : What’s the Time in Your World? / Safi YAZDANIAN (Iran)
– NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema) Award : Socialphobia / HONG Seok-jae (Korea)
– KNN Award (Audience Award) : WinnerGhadi / Amin DORA (Lebanon)
– Busan Bank Award (Audience Award) : The Boss, Anatomy of a Crime / Sebastian SCHINDEL (Argentina)
– Citizen Critics’ Award : Set Me Free / KIM Tae-yong (Korea)
– Busan Cinephile Award : The Look of Silence / Joshua OPPENHEIMER (Denmark)
– CGV Movie Collage Award : A Matter of Interpretation / LEE Kwang-kuk (Korea)
– DGK (Directors Guild of Korea) Award : A Midsummer’s Fantasia / JANG Kunjae (Korea)
KAvenyou: Singapore to Korea – Music, Wanderlust, Foodie, Lifestyle.
Share this great piece with your friends below, or simply follow our social channels and start interacting.